Sunday, January 07, 2007

Calling

Its not always that you get a call from a number that is unrecognizable and that results in a pleasant conversation.
The tele-marketing menace has reached alarming proportions.
But this call was not from a tele-marketeer. it was from a number that read +86...
I wondered who it was. I had never seen that country code before. and not a lot of my friends were in unrecognizable country-code countries.
It was a pleasant surprise to realize that it was an old friend who was currently in Guadong, China. He is a sailor and serves as the 5th engineer on one of the international maritime routes.
He routinely calls and talks of his travails...it feels nice that he chooses to keep in touch with me. i feel guilty as i have been unable to reciprocate the same with a few of those lost friends.
this friend taught me a valuable lesson.
I hope that i can learn something from the lesson...

1 comment:

Anshul Agrawal said...

Very true n a touching post...

Actually even i've learn sumthing from this, that we shud always try to be in touch with our old buddies...