Monday, November 19, 2007

Chats from the past

It was a while... a really long time. Some part of me wants to argue that it was unjustified. I was busy... which I don’t think is anything new. Nevertheless, I have not been in touch with a friend who means a lot to me. A small gift is no means to believe that I have been in touch. He is an unlikely friend: grumpy as he (it is a he) can be, does not speak a lot easily, extremely secretive and in many ways different from me.

Friends

In the same breath, there is SO much in common. I do not know if I am any important in his life. Only that I know that I am. Over a period of two and a half years, he was almost like another elder brother to me. Yet, he was the friend. Always there when I needed him. Helping me out... fending for me and taking care of me. Cursing me when he needed to and protecting me when he needed to.

I almost thought of him as a protective hand over me at times. A friend that I wish I could be. A friend I hope and try to be.

Did I wish he were more jovial? Maybe.
Did I wish he were less stiff at times? Maybe.
Did I wish he would listen to me? Sometimes.
Did I wish I had listened to him? Sometimes.
Did I thank god that he was around? All the time.
Did I wish to be like him someday? All the time.

There are so many great instances that I would devalue them by listing. Time and tide wait for none. And as times change… people change. People move to places apart. But, the memories remain…

Dreams and hope has compelled me to move on… to places far away. I hope that some day we are in the same place again… some day!

No comments: