Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Reality Check

This is the commentary from an Obama supporter. I dont know if she chooses to publish any thing on this topic or not, but I think this is a valid pointer that needs mention. Entire text in verbatim by Blah.

UPDATE: She has posted it on her blog here.

---
Here is the thing about this whole Obama victory... the enthusiasm has already died for me! I fear that people believe that electing him will produce a magical cure for all their problems... I hope they believe him when he reminds them that the ardous journey has just begun. As a non-american, I applaud that they finally got the courage to pick an African-American man (still, not a woman) to lead them. But as a non-American, I also hope he will not overlook the other smaller countries, where he has to play the role of the 'Big Brother'. I hope he puts peace and trust before war and suspicion. I hope he urges the people to not forget yesterday's big story of the violence in Congo DR. I hope he reminds tomorrow morning that the news channels needn't profile his kids' new dog, his wife's dress tonight, his aunt's immigration status... but look at those bigger problems that will not disappear overnight.

Mr. Obama ...a whole world looks on to you for change, not just USA.
---

Max comments: For the sake of the world and the USA, I hope that he delivers.

No comments: